Reply To: Failed to load browse data on 1586 Debian Etch Arm

MrE
Participant

Good news to report!

I can now successfully browse all my songs on the slug, using the sqlite3 backend, hurray!

The svn-1586 Debian Etch Arm build doesn’t seem to include support for sqlite3 so I compiled it from source (on the slug 🙂 ).

Compiling from source was a bit of a painful exercise as the configure script stops the moment it’s missing something essential, instead of just continuing all the way until the end and THEN give you a full list of things missing 🙄 . This has got nothing to do with Firefly or the slug though and is just a general annoyance with compiling your own software.

I hope future builds will include sqlite3 support as ultimately installing from a deb file is a lot faster and easier with software upgrades etc.

There are only two problems left now:
– Musepack files, while browsable, result in ‘Unable to play’
– Ogg Vorbis files start buffering but as soon as the buffering reaches 100%, it instantly starts re-buffering at an incredibly slow pace (1% at a time)

FLAC files on the other hand play near instantly and if I wasn’t monitoring my SoundBridge to see what’s going on, I wouldn’t even notice it was transcoding.

I gather, from what I’ve read elsewhere on the forum, that the Ogg buffering problem has to do with the version of Oggdec.

When I run oggdec –version, I get OggDec 1.0.1, so not the Tremor version.
How do I go about obtaining a Tremor version of OggDec for Debian Etch ARM? There doesn’t appear to be a Debian package for it.

As for the Musepack problem, I think I’ve got all I need:

I used the following options to compile:

./configure --enable-sqlite3 --enable-oggvorbis --enable-flac --enable-musepack

and installed all the required libraries

libogg0
    libogg-dev
    libvorbis0a
    libvorbis-dev
    libvorbisenc2
    libvorbisfile3
    flac
    libflac7