Reply To: Please help: Unable to open database. Config file posted.

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Please help: Unable to open database. Config file posted. Reply To: Please help: Unable to open database. Config file posted.

rpedde
Participant

@chriswb wrote:

BTW, if you get a chance I’d be grateful for your advice on the config file settings questions I posed in my immediately previous post in this string: I.e., would you recommend setting rescan and always scan to 0 (and just manually telling Firefly to scan when I add new items to my library), and — more importantly — do you think setting m3u to 0 will eliminate those phantom playlists (or is there another fix for that)?

I set rescan to 0 myself, as I add music infrequently enough that I manually scan when I do, and I don’t like stuff in the background stealing cpu unless I tell it to.

You could set m3u to be 0, and that will stop the playlist issue, but the more fundamental issue is that the m3u files aren’t accurate — the paths in them aren’t correct, or there is a file system codepage problem. Both of those I hope to have worked around in the server software at some point soon.

— Ron