You are here: Home » Reply

Reply To: svn-1571 not working after upgrading to iTunes 7.3.1.3

#11828

rpedde
Participant

@gerhard wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

I noticed that on mac, with latest bonjour it’s trying to connect to the IPv6 address, not the IPv4 one. Wonder if that’s it?

I’ll try and add IPv6 to the next build. I’ve merged up the test branch into the mainline branch, and hope to have it cleaned up and compilable again on windows in a day or two.

— Ron

You’re right, a look at the firewall logs shows an IPv6 entry:
Aug 1 18:29:53 router2 Unknown InputIN=eth0 OUT= MAC=00:01:80:5c:08:91:00:0c:6e:e5:e2:31:08:00 SRC=10.0.0.3 DST=10.81.8.6 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=59320 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=4539 DPT=3689 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

the source is from my internal network, that’s ok, but the destination is the address of the external NIC (the one connected to the DSL router) of the mt-daapd server.
I changed mDNSResponder to listen only on the internal NIC (parameter -i interface) and – voila – everything works as before.

Gerhard

aha. looks like the new itunes tries ipv6 before ipv4 now.