Reply To: Getting Playlist in 1586

peterr
Participant

Yes, all my comments are for the classical library and it is a large database of 3267 tracks organized via 287 smart playlist (just albums for now, but if I include my previous criteria of artist and composers it would require 457 playlists).

I only just discovered the playlist.html and corresponding playlist.js. this afternoon from your comment in another topic. Taking a quick look it’s probable I could have skipped the iTunes Applescript and javascript massage on smart.js since I only needed the actual contents of the mt-daapd library to feed into the batch type smart playlist. I been working in the dark here, just grokking what I can from the visible parts of svn-1586.

My only question is if you are changing the database access whether the polishing of playlist html and its javascript will hold up to your planned changes without requiring a simple change in access method. Let me look over the playlist.js and html code before I commit.

I do plenty of simple perl cgi mixed with Ajax, HTML and CSS for web based applications. Examples are available at the forementioned website, http://www.makehell.com, including a cgi I did last year for switching libraries under mt-daapd though a web interface (This was written to segregate lectures and novels from music) – it just swaps out config files and restarts mt-daapd. This is why, reconnection times are important to me.