Reply To: Getting Playlist in 1586

peterr
Participant

I see what you mean, without the playlist in the database I got good response disconnecting and re-connecting but once I batch-added in a few hundred playlist, things got boggy. Also by having the playlist in sqlite, I noticed editing and deleting needs the database id. This really complicates batch editing (in an external editor, of course) and deleting. When you deal in large playlist, the one at a time approach in smart.html sucks. So its easier to trash the database and start fresh by retaining everything in an auxiliary file to straighten multiple changes fast. By the way I just posted iTunes Applescripts to generate mt-daapd playlist (both for 2.4 and svn-1586) to import into mt-dappd. Also included is the necessary changes to smart.html and smart.js needed for batch importing to sqlite. It is at http://www.makehell.com/

This afternoon I came across another problem in svn-1586, while playing tracks from an album smart playlist, it would hang between tracks with “getting url” message, canceling that and then clicking on the same track would allow it to continue!

Sorry to hear that you still slave alone at this project. I know the feeling.