Reply To: Unable to play certain tracks

rpedde
Participant

@anton90125 wrote:

My current system has a ROKU M2000 and a maxtor MSS+ with firefly installed. All my music files are encoded in FLAC.

There are a number tracks which the Roku says its unable to play. I don’t know if I am clutching at straws here but it seems that the Roku is unable to play files with unusal charactors in the title (though it is able to display them) like French and Irish (Clannard). Is there an issue with Firefly that involves non standard charactors?. I am unable to play some tracks but not all in a partictular album. I am able to play the tracks via my PC showing that the flac file arn’t corrupted. Or can anyone think of any other reasons why this should happen?
javascript:emoticon(‘:?’)
Confused
Anton

Can you play them via iTunes?

Also, it would help to see a log file, as it should work okay. If it’s in the database, it opened the file and scanned it. If it opened it and scanned it, it knows the file name. the soundbridge asks for it by ID, so what you are describing should work okay.

Unless those are encoded with a flac version that the flac decoder on the MSS can’t play back. (older version?)