Reply To: Startup crash and wont re start

rpedde
Participant

@davesanti wrote:

Thanks Kelly… I will try to move all the db and log files when I get FF going again…

The Slug permissions are all read/write for all users (guest and admin) so I think that covers it..

I am starting to think that maybe slinging to the flash isn’t the best idea. I was initially slung to one drive, HDD in port 2 and it was working fine. It just wouldnt spin down and thats what prompted me to go onto this quest that has spun me around in many directions..

Dave

Check out the nslu2 install guide on the wiki http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org, and it has tips for moving the db off, and minimizing flash writes.

I followed that slavishly, and my flash has been working pretty well.

WRT the original problem, if it won’t start, it likely is because the db is corrupt or something. (out of space?)

Delete the db (after moving it to the hdd), and start it again. It iwll re-create the db. If it dies again, likely it’s a song that’s crahsing it.

Delete the db *again* and set the log level to 9 via the web admin (or the config file, or by running “/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -d9 -f -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf” and watch where it dies. That will tell you what song is crashing it, and you can move it out of the way.

— Ron