Reply To: Time is ‘Continuous’ – longish

rpedde
Participant

@account_doesnt_work wrote:

No, not a relativistic statement, but an ‘error’ in firefly.

I’ve ripped a (significant) number of songs as .wav files stored on a buffalo Terastation. I used iTunes on a PC to do this and all the songs are stored in folders in Artist Name and sub folders in Album Name. There are also a number of mp3 files from a previous era.

itunes on my PC can play all the songs and has correct band, album and duration for all files

Winamp on my PC can play all songs and has correct band, album and duration for all files

Firefly (Ver 1.0 (svn 1359)) on my PC can stream songs but has no band, album or duration info for .wav files. mp3 files are ok. This makes sense as .wav files have no tags

Firefly (svn 1586) on Terastation cannot stream any .wav files and has no band or album info for any .wav files and time is ‘Continuous’ for all .wavs. mp3s are ok. This makes no sense to me

I know I can get firefly on the Terastation to see the album/artist info by copying my iTunes xml files over but .wav files still won’t stream.

Any clues please?

it’s parsing metadata wrong. Can you send me an affected .wav file at [email protected]?