Reply To: Almost there

davesanti
Participant

OK, getting closer.. I am 99% of the way there..

I reinstalled using a nightly… and sure enough I cleared through all the isssues noted above. I now have FF up and running and serving my entire music collection.

A couple of issues:

1) Whenever I make any changes to the configuration, I get a yellow box at the bottom with an error related to that change. However, the change holds and does what I have asked.

2) Where do I find the log files. When I had FF running on the PC, I would right click on the icon in the bottom and that would give me the basic interface where I could look at the log.. I have no idea now.

3) Finally, the biggest issue .. the dreaded playlists. The good thing is that it is seeing playlists, the bad thing is that it doesnt see the songs. Any time I click on a playlist it comes back 0 songs. I have created playlists on Itunes, exported them as xml, converted them to m3u’s, created new ones using a playlist creator, etc. I dont really care about the existing, I can start from scratch.

Perhaps the question is more basic… what is the best way to create playlists with FF running on an NAS. I like using Itunes because it is a simple interface, but it doesnt really matter to me how I do it.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Dave