Reply To: Installation of FireFly on MSS

squashuax
Participant

I’m not quite as close as thought…

After I had everything almost working, I shut down my pc, and everything stopped. The roku could no longer connect to the mss or the internet, and could not even display the time or play internet radio without the pc on.

I reset to the roku to factory defaults, getting DHCP working again, got rid of 198.162.1.103 in the Linksys list of static IPs, then rebooted the mss, and started firefly by typing “/opt/lib/ld.so.1 /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -f -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf -y -d9”, and was able to get everything working again. Even the firefly server, albeit without iTunes playlists.

With respect to MSS, why does typing “/opt/lib/ld.so.1 /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -f -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf -y -d9”? work, but not “/opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd”?

And what can I do to make it so firefly always starts when the MSS reboots, so that I don’t have to turn on the PC, telnet, and
enter “/opt/lib/ld.so.1 /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -f -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf -y -d9”?

I’m also hoping someone responds to the post above with the correct settings in iTunes/Firelfy to get the playlists working.

Here is some output I snatched from the stuff that wizzes by when I start firefly as explained above:

writing to socket 13
writing to socket 13
writing to socket 13
writing to socket 13
writing to socket 13
Thread 102: xml-rpc served
Entering config_set_status
Exiting config_set_status
Thread 102: Terminating
Thread 102: Freeing request headers
Thread 102: Freeing response headers
Thread 102: Freeing request vars