Reply To: Flac Album Art craches?

rpedde
Participant

@Breepee wrote:

I’ve got an album in FLAC format with albumart added (with MP3Tag) which would crash Firefly when I chose to play said files. At first I thought it didn’t work because of the FLAC encoder version (although it said 1.1.2, the forums mention the problem of encoder version a lot so I thought why not try reencoding with the latest version 1.1.4). At first it seemed to work, but then I hadn’t added the albumart yet. When I added the cover, it showed the same old behaviour again: crash upon play (I would never hear anything, as soon as I doubleclicked, Firefly crashed).

If you don’t have the ffmpeg transcoder (and you shouldn’t), then it has to be an issue with flac, the command line decoder. Will flac decode it properly to a wav?

Otherwise, it doesn’t touch the file… it just hands it off to flac and pushes the output to the client.

It’s an old version of Firefly, I know, but build 1586 shows the same behaviour, and that version doesn’t scan my m3u-playlists anymore!

Double check your settings for scanning/enable_playlists, scanning/enable_m3u, etc. The options for scanning playlists changed somewhere back, and it might be defaulting the wrong way.

— Ron