Reply To: Transcoding on OSX doesn’t really work (latest nightly)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Transcoding on OSX doesn’t really work (latest nightly) Reply To: Transcoding on OSX doesn’t really work (latest nightly)

rpedde
Participant

@winkelmr wrote:

Hey there,
I’m using Firefly (the latest nightly, installed the .dmg-file) on Mac OS X, and everything works just fine – except transcoding: Adding .ogg to my extension list (and to ssc_codectypes), I can see the ogg-files in iTunes, but transcoding doesn’t seem to work.

How can I fix this?

Greetings, winkelmr

The pre-builts don’t have transcode support except for alac. In order to get a version that will transocde flac or ogg, you’ll have to build it with fink sources.

I’ve played around with it a bit, but the number of libraries that get pulled in when you try and get the ogg or flac headers make it really hard to get something built for osx.

I did find a framework that I might be able to bundle together for metadata scanning. Not sure.

In any event, right now, the “build-it-yourself” option is the only working option for falc and ogg transcoding.