Reply To: mt-daapd on Ubuntu and iTunes on Vista does not connect

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd on Ubuntu and iTunes on Vista does not connect Reply To: mt-daapd on Ubuntu and iTunes on Vista does not connect

mephisto
Participant

Mmm, well there’s always the possibility that it was a coincidence I suppose.

I provide the following for information only:

I’ve noticed that Rhythmbox (client) seems to be a bit random as to whether it is going to display the share or not. I use Rhythmbox, Exaile and Amarok, the latter 2 require the share to be manually entered, Rhythmbox displays the share automatically.

I know for a fact that even when Exaile and Amarok have been happily playing away, Rhythmbox hasn’t shown the share. I don’t know whether this is lack of advertisement from the service or a problem with Rhythmbox.

On another occasion immediately after dropping the firewall I saw the share appear in Rhythmbox which then played away. I thought I had a firewall problem but when I put the firewall back up Rhythmbox carried on playing. Maybe this was coincidence too.

On another note I have noticed that with the nightly build it has refused to automatically do the initial music scan. Going into http://localhost:3689 shows zero files scanned and it also refuses to allow me to use the web interface to change the config file. The version that comes with Ubuntu does the scan and will allow me to change the file. I’ve noticed that with the Ubuntu version ownership of mt-daapd is by mt-daapd whereas with the nightly ownership is by nobody. Maybe there’s the reason.