Reply To: mt-daapd on Ubuntu and iTunes on Vista does not connect

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd on Ubuntu and iTunes on Vista does not connect Reply To: mt-daapd on Ubuntu and iTunes on Vista does not connect

rpedde
Participant

@Brago wrote:

Hi there,
First, if this is a double posting (yes I tried to search) please forgive me and just direct me to how I can solv my issues.

Let’s start with some facts as asked for:

mt-daapd/Firefly Version: svn-1376 (installed through .deb-package)
Server Operating System: Ubuntu 7.04 server
Server Hardware: AMD 1400+ etc.
Client Device: iTunes 7.2.0.35 for Windows
OS on computer: Vista home Premium
Connection of clients: PC and server connected to D-Link DI-624. No problem with connection to internet or with direct file sharing between computers

I just installed mt-daapd package throught the package. With the intention to get a Soundbridge set up in my house. But before investing in the soundbridge, I wanted to try out the Firefly/mt-daap and see if i could get that to work on my fresh installed server. Set up seems to go fine on Ubuntu server. I connect to the web interface from my PC. But iTunes does not find any shared library. I have no idea where to start… I did look at the iTunes guide on how to activate searching for shared libraries. Also tried from Windows Media Player and got into setting up Vista to share media files on my local network and look for other shares. Unfortunately it still does not work.

Any ideas on where to start?

Thanks
Stefan

Stop mt-daapd. Edit /etc/default/avahi-daemon, and edit the line to allow it to start up. Don’t really remember what it says or what it’s called, but there is a line in there that stops avahi from running.

Then start up avahi-daemon with “/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon start”, then start up mt-daapd.

It should pop up then.

— Ron