Reply To: Firefly disappears when multiple iTunes/macs are used

rpedde
Participant

@cydbjr wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

I use Bonjour Browser on the mac to see what’s registered at any time, or to see what the resolver sees.

Ok, so I got BB running now. First, mt-daapd is running for a few days now, and I noticed that it has disappeared and reappeared from time to time on 2 machines (but this it not a throurough checking, it is a random check with usual use of iTunes on machines in the house).
On BB, I see 1 “iTunes Music Sharing” from an actual iTunes instance. And indeed I only have one iTunes exporting music right now. The interesting piece of information is that I just ssh’ed to the mt-daapd server, and suddenly in BB the mt-daapd feed appeared in the ‘iTunes Music Sharing”. I started checking out the parameters it exports, and then it disappeared. It was visible in BB for at most a minute.
I was able to reproduce this behavior a few times: I logoff and log back in the mt-daapd server; about 10 sec after ssh’ing into the mt-daapd server, BB will display its feed info for about 40 sec, and then it will disappear again.
I hope that gives you additional clues on what is going on.

is it possible for the sake of debugging to move the firefly server to a fully wired connection to the rest of the machines?

I’m suspecting an intervening network issue.