Reply To: Please confirm firefly iTunes 7.2 client for Mac OSX

cerasi166
Participant

Not doing so good. I upgraded to OSX 10.4.10 (incremental not the combo). I am just using wired connections and just have an ethernet cross to the MSS for debugging. I couldn’t find svn-1588 so I am using svn-1586.

My most recent test involved replacing the MSS by a laptop running iTunes. So the mini is directly connectd to the laptop. I enabled sharing on both systems so they can see each others libraries. The laptop can see the mini’s library but the text label is shaded, the mini can’t see the laptops library.

When i click on the shared library nothing happens and after a timeout, a warning message is displayed (check your firewall!). I confirm both firewalls are disabled.

A wireshark trace (on the mini) shows the laptop trying to connect on port 3689 but the mini doesn’t answer:
TCP groove-daap > daap [SYN] Seq=0 Len=0 MSS=1460

Then I checked whether the mini is listening on port 3689. Using command “Isof | grep ITunes” I get an entry:
iTunes 523 John 16u IPv4 0x433d920 0t0 TCP *:daap (LISTEN)

A quick check in /etc/services confirms consistency within the OS:
daap 3689/udp # Digital Audio Access Protocol
daap 3689/tcp # Digital Audio Access Protocol

For some strange reason iTunes on the mini is not sharing properly. The OS declares that iTunes is listening on port 3689 but it is not serving incoming requests. So my problem is not with Firefly !