Reply To: Shuffled song database

rpedde
Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

Heya,

Currently I’m using the newest -stable- version of firefly. (simply by apt-get install mt-daapd on Debian)

Here’s my problem. Somehow mt-daapd ‘shuffles’ all the songs when he scans them. Well, to be honest, its not completely shuffling. He groups albums, but does shuffle all the songs per album. Also, he shuffles the order of the albums. All albums have their own directory. (Example: the third listed album is The Offspring, and the last is The Offspring too. WHY?!)
Oh. It isnt really ‘shuffling’. He scans in no random order. Whenever I do a full rescan, it results in the exact same ‘shuffled’ database.

I did a reinstall on my server about a week ago. Before the reinstall it scanned perfectly. He filled the database exactly in the alphabetical order they are listed on the server.

I have tried all kinds of settings and do a full rescan. (Yes, by killing mt-daapd, removign DB, restarting mt-daapd) but still cant find the reason why it wont scan in alphabetical order like the directories are.

Any idea what could have caused this? Maybe I used to run an old version which did it right?

Thanks in advance!
~Rippie

It returns it in the order it gets it from the database, which is in the order of the files in the directory as it scanned.

Usually, the client has options for sorting — iTunes, etc. At some point, I’ll add options for controlling sort on the server side, but it will probably be a while.

— Ron