Reply To: unable to play ogg files since SB firmware upgrade to 2.7

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues unable to play ogg files since SB firmware upgrade to 2.7 Reply To: unable to play ogg files since SB firmware upgrade to 2.7

rpedde
Participant

@thorstenhirsch wrote:

Next problem: the SB starts playing the ogg files now, but after 1 second the buffer is empty, so the SB starts buffering again. Buffering is very slow, the progress is at about 1% per second, so I wait 100 seconds before the SB continues. And when it continues, it can play for about 10 seconds, but then the buffer is empty, again.

cpu to slow for realtime decoding. I think you may be on a machine like a slug with no FPU. You want the ivorbis-tools package, not the vorbis-tools package.

I don’t get it – why do I have to install the vorbis-tools (oggdec) binaries? I mean I can tell firefly to link against libogg, so shouldn’t firefly be able to call libogg directly instead of using another binary (oggdec), which is also linked against libogg?

Because it transcodes via a script. . Easier to add support for arbitrary audio types that way.