Reply To: mt-daapd svn-1571 + avahi 0.6.19 = Assertion failed

rpedde
Participant

@Gonzo wrote:

Hi,

the internal mDNS support is deprecated, Howl is dead, so I’m currently trying to migrate my mt-daapd installation to an Avahi based one on Solaris.

Getting Avahi 0.6.19 to compile and run on Solaris was a challange, but it now seems to work. At least avahi-daemon runs, spits out understandable messages and doesn’t complain too much.

Then, I’ve compiled mt-daapd svn-1571 including avahi support using:

AVAHI_CFLAGS=”-D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include” AVAHI_LIBS=”-L/opt/local/lib -lavahi-common -lavahi-client” ./configure –with-id3tag=/opt/csw –enable-sqlite3 –with-sqlite3-includes=/opt/csw/include –with-sqlite3-libs=/opt/csw/lib –enable-avahi –prefix=/opt/local

But when I start mt-daapd, I get the following:

Assertion failed: client, file client.c, line 776
Abort (core dumped)

The avahi-daemon didn’t spit out anything, so I guess mt-daapd didn’t make it to registering itself.

The same mt-daapd compiled without Avahi, so using the internal mDNS stuff, works fine.

There’s nothing strange with my machine other than it has multiple network interfaces.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Constantin

Ah, dang it. Seems like I ran into problems with 0.6.19 already, but I thought I had committed fixes. I can see I didn’t though. Let me see what I can dig up.

— Ron