Reply To: Compiling worked on Asus WL-700gE, but transcoding fails?

rpedde
Participant

@mumsoft wrote:

Hi,

After much effort I finally got music from my ogg-files with Firefly and the Roku Soundbridge.
Just one problem persists.
If the foldername of a directory contains accented characters, the Roku can’t play the transcoded ogg-file. If the same directory contains a mp3 file, there is no problem whatsoever.
My directories are encoded in iso-8895-1. With convmv I tried to translate to utf-8 and cp850, but that did not help.
If I leave out the accented characters, so that the names are pure ASCII, there is no problem. But I have more than 800 directories to work through, so I hope to hear a smarter solution.
Until now I thought it would be a Roku-related problem, but now I see it’s rather related with Firefly Plus transcoding. 🙁

Hmm.. i’m not sure if that’s an issue with firefly or with oggdec, which it calls to transcode. Then only thing I can possibly think is that perhaps it’s mangling the file name when it does shell escapes.

Can you email me the name of a bad folder in utf-8 format, so I can try and create it in codepage and duplicate it?

You can send it to me at [email protected].

Thanks.

— Ron