Reply To: Time-out for off-line files

rpedde
Participant

@brad.chapin wrote:

Ron,
I still haven’t been able to get it to work on my SS4000-e, but have been learning a lot along the way. Currently I’m under the impression that based on the architecture, I need a little-endian / ARM version in order to install. From the factory, SS4000-e isn’t running debian so the .deb packges doesn’t work nor most of the others that I have tried. I saw a packages called mt-daapd_svn-1634-1_armeb.ipk, so it looks like you have complied for ARM, but would need a little endian version (e.g. Intel based). Is this something that could be easily compiled? Also if you want, I can open up access to my system remotely for you.

I have both varieties of arm… the debian one might work, at least as far as the binary goes. The .deb format is really a tar.gz in disguise. You might try (just for grins) renaming the .deb to .tar.gz and extract it. You’ll find a data and a control tarball. Grab the data tarball and extract it. In there are the binaries. You might just for grins try the mt-daapd binary just to see if it runs.

If it does, you might be able to shoehorn it in that way. Of course, it might have a ton of dependancies that might bite you, I’m not sure, as I don’t know what libraries are already installed on the device.