Reply To: Various problems using NSLU2 and Amarok

rpedde
Participant

@MrE wrote:

However, instead the track number disappears from the playlist for each of the tracks the moment it is played. None of the other MP3s I have tried so far have done this.

It’s amarok that’s changing it, but I’m not sure why. I’m wondering if I’m reading the tags differently than amarok is, or what. Not sure.

I just noticed that with different albums it ‘removes’ different tags from the playlist; for example whereas with Gary Numan’s ‘Dance’ album it removes the track number tag, with Burzum’s Hlidskalf it removes the album tag.

I wonder if this might be tag reading issues. I’m using libid3tag, but it might be that the tag reading library that amarok uses reads the tags differently. Like, maybe it has unsynchronized id3v1 and id3v2 tags, and I’m using id3v2 by preference and amarok is using id3v1. Or something of that nature. Wonder if it would be worth stripping v1 tags off those.

Both Ogg and FLAC tracks now appear correctly in the Shared Media list, sorted by artist/album and the tags display correctly when dragging them onto the playlist. However, the problem where the streaming filename (a number) becomes the title tag, and wiping the other tags (from the playlist, that is) once you play the track now occurs with certain Ogg files (it didn’t before) and also affects FLAC.

This also seems to be an Amarok issue. I think.

The ‘no suitable input plugin’ error when skipping tracks still occurs a lot, although complete at random it seems.

I fully appreciate that as this is a nightly build, not everything may work as designed, but is there anything else to configure that could solve these problems? Are other people seeing the same symptoms?

Not with other clients like iTunes or other daap clients. In fact, the server is pretty stupid — all the display and such happens on the client, so most of the things you describe are client issues.

Now, that’s not to say that I’m not sending stuff that amarok doesnt’ understand, or that amarok expects something specific that I’m not providing, but strange.

You can try setting the “empty_strings” to yes in the web admin… That might help some, as it acts more iTunes like in regard to sending null strings. That’s about the only thing I can think that might be affecting it.

I’ll have to set up an amarok client and see if I can duplicate this.

— Ron