Reply To: Gentoo nightlies ebuild

uncleremus
Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@uncleremus wrote:

Anyone who has an ebuild/overlay for mt-daapd nightlies?

I think I need to run a later package than the latest unstable in portage to get mt-daapd to run with the Roku Soundbridge, that’s why I’m asking. It is called “pre1376” so I guess it is quite old.

1376 will run with the soundbridge.

You should be able to use the same ebuild you were using before, only updated for latest version — change the download path, etc.

Guess this is what happens when Diego leaves.

— Ron

Thanks a lot for your input. If I can harass you just a little bit more, Gentoo has their USE-flags as you probably know. For this particular package they are

howl vorbis avahi sqlite3 flac ffmpeg

Do you have any idea which I should use? I have tried some permutations, but when I have “howl” I get “incompatible servers” on my Soundbridge and when I use “avahi” (first I must uninstall howl) and then I have trouble starting everything (I guess I can resolve the latter issue, but since I didn’t know if this was the real cause yesterday I didn’t pursue this line).

My setup is now
Enabled:

howl sqlite3 flac ffmpeg

Disabled:

vorbis avahi

Oh, and I may also add that the server is wired. I can try the same configuration on another WiFi’d machine. Also I’ve got everything working on my NSLU2, but I was thinking of moving firefly to a more capable machine to speed up matters.

(Last, but not least: Thanks for your wonderful program.)

EDIT: Thought that I might add that I see this in the build output with the above USE-flags:

./configure --prefix=/usr --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-oggvorbis --enable-flac --disable-sqlite --enable-sqlite3 --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-includes=/usr/include/ffmpeg --enable-howl --with-howl-libs=/usr/lib --with-howl-includes=/usr/include/howl --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu