Reply To: Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001 Reply To: Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

rpedde
Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

G’Day,

It’s been a wild few days for me. I recently bought a Pinnacle SoundBridge M1001 and was hoping to play music on it from my Synology CS-406 NAS. I enabled the “Multimedia Service” on the CS-406 and the SoundBridge saw my music collection and I was able to play it. But there were a few shortcomings with the Multimedia Service that may be fixed one day but I’m trying to sort out a workaround in the meantime.

I started reading forums and ended up with a bad case of information overload. But I pressed on and came to the decision that I probably needed to run either Twonky (media or music) or Firefly on my CS-406. Twonky seemed like the easier of the two so I gave that a go last night and after a while I got it working. It’s currently in 30 day trial mode and it will cost me A$50 to register it.

Now given that Firefly is free and is seemingly well supported by Roku I thought I better have a look at it too. Unfortunately I haven’t really been able to come up with a definitive answer as to whether it will run on my CS-406. I’ve seen a few cryptic installation instructions for a DS-106 but that’s about all.

So my main two quesitons are …. can Firefly run on a Synology CS-406 and if so what do I need to download and then do to get it installed? Hopefully someone has already done this and can put together a simple list that I, and hopefully any others in the same situation, can follow easily.

I look forward to trying it out and comparing it Twonky. Hopefully the zero cost option will win out!

This is the second request I’ve had for this, but I haven’t been able to find any optware-enabled firmware for it, or even any info on a compiler toolchain for it.

Have you run across anything like that?