Reply To: how to put audios on my slug

rpedde
Participant

@goana wrote:

hi,

I have unslug my NSLU and have install firefly nightlies. All work fine. When I access to the firefly media server via the web interface, the music folder is “/share/hdd/data/public/mp3”. But how can I put audios to that folder?
I see the slug in my windows explorer with do folders admin2 and disk2. In admin2, there is a folder “/share/hdd/data”. But I have no access to the data-folder.
How can I put audios to this folder and how do I get access to the folder?

I have tried it also via the webinterface of the slug (under administration/shares) but I have no idea what I have to change.

Any idea?

The “public” share on your slug is either “/share/hdd/data/public” or “/share/flash/data/public”, depending if it’s in slot1 or slot2.

So make a directory in “public” called “mp3” and toss the mp3 files in there. Then use the web admin to set the mp3_dir to “/share/hdd/data/public”. Go to the stats page and tell it to scan. If it picks the files up, then you’re in business. Keep copying the files to the “public” share in the mp3 dir.

If not, then change the mp3_dir to “/share/flash/data/public” and scan again. It should work.

In either case, the place to put the files (the easiest place, anyway) is in a folder called “mp3” in the public share.

— Ron