Reply To: Songs Not Found On Server

dovad
Participant

Ron,

As I type all my music is being successfully scanned. Most of my issues fall into the “pilot error” category and for that I apologize.

I entered “ls -lad” and the output now is:

drwxrwsr-x 157 nobody root 4096 Jan 14 03:47 /mnt/share/mp3

I ran the code that you posted further above to globally change permissions on the directories and files in my mp3 directory. By the way I did a Google search looking for commands to globally change permissions and could not find any so thanks! I thought that I was going to have to take a 2 week vacation and do file permission changes! Incidentally I deleted all the files on the Firefly server, resynced cleaning up the structure to have all the music in “/mnt/share/mp3” loosing the extra sub directories inside of mp3 (really just the iTunes directory inside mp3). I also “shared” the music directory in Leopard before resyncing with the hope that in the future when I rip a CD the permissions may be more conducive to the music server. I believe when I initially setup this LinkStation I may have been still using Tiger on the iMac and am wondering if the upgrade to Leopard changed my music’s permissions or how permissions were set by the OS going forward from the upgrade? Any thoughts on this possibility or how to insure that in the future all newly ripped music makes it through the scan process.

As always thanks a lot Ron! You are the best!

Dave