Reply To: Songs Not Found On Server

rpedde
Participant

@volatile.memory wrote:

When I start the server and go to the web console and hit “Start Scan” on the file scanner, it (the button) greys out for a moment then comes back… and I still have zero songs/playlists under Server Status.

I can see the server via iTunes (Mac) but it has (obviously) nothing to serve up.

The setup: running Ubuntu 6.10 and Firefly svn-1512. Ive configured the server per the many FAQs on the web, have the service running as “nobody”, the group permissions assigned to my local “everybody” group which includes all users (NOTE: that group contains all “real” users. It does NOT contain “nobody”). Just to be totally unsafe, I opened it wide up… the file permissions end up as -rwxrwxrwx.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
v.m

I’d say:

1. Double check for typos!
2. Make sure that the root of the mp3 directory has at least world read and execute.

If those are both good, then set the debug level in the config file to 9, specifiy a log file (/var/log/mt-daapd.log, maybe? You’ll have to touch & chown it to nobody first), and start it up again.

Take a look at the log file then. It should tell you why it can’t read the directory.

— Ron