Upgrade to latest nightly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Current Build: Version 0.2.4

I first installed the version available from the repository but was unable to play music listed in the shared library. So I uninstalled and followed directions to use dpkg -i and actually installed 0.2.4. I am having some issue with Mac Itunes client not being able to play songs. I wanted to know what path do i take to upgrade to latest nightly do I uninstall first and then reinstall or is there another method to upgrade? Thanks for such a wonderful program as It works great with PC and Linux clients.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If anyone is interested I just uninstalled and reinstalled using one of the .deb packages you will run into a dependency issues libflac7, with Ubuntu 8.10 libflac8 is installed so I just searched for libflac7 download and installed it. I downloaded mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1696_feisty_i386.deb then issued the following command dpkg -i mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1696_feisty_i386.deb.

fizze
    Participant

Well too bad the forum search is broken, because this has been discussed before.
    All that needs to be done is to symlink libflac7.so to libflac8.so, really.

rsl360
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Well too bad the forum search is broken, because this has been discussed before.

Search is not broken for me. (firefox/fedora 10) Or was that sarcasm and I’m just to thick to get it?

rsl

EVILRipper
    Participant

No it wasn’t sarcasm. It actually is broken.
    We recently moved to a new forum. During that, older posts were moved aswell.
    However, the search does not search through the older posts. Only the newer posts since the new forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.