svn-1586 compiled package ubuntu 8.04

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues svn-1586 compiled package ubuntu 8.04

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dovad
    Participant

After a great deal of searching for a pre-compiled package of svn-1586 for Ubuntu 8.04 and without any success I’m asking if anyone knows where such a package may be located. When I install the latest svn-1696 it crashes in short order. When I compile svn-1586 it will not display in iTunes. It’s a vicious circle. I am thinking there may be some kind of conflict where the ubuntu computer where I am running 8.04 also had Netatalk and Avahi already running and displaying shares to our Mac’s on our home network when I went to install Firefly. Perhaps this is why when I compile svn-1586 it runs and displays in a web browser however it does not show up in iTunes.

Thanks…

fizze
    Participant

Which configure-options did you use?
    Obviously you should enable avahi-support.

packages are always located under http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org for instance.

dovad
    Participant

Thanks for taking a look at things for me. I used the following to compile svn-1586:

./configure -prefix=/usr –enable-sqlite3 –enable-avahi

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

fizze
    Participant

Configure flags look alright.

Did you add firefly to the avahid.conf IIRC?
    Because otherwise avahi doesn’t really know about it, and thus doesn’t advertise it. Which seems consistent with your reports.

dovad
    Participant

fizze,

I guess you are correct in that I didn’t have a “service” file for daap so in /etc/avahi/services I created daap.service with the following content:

%h

_daap._tcp

_rsp._tcp

Now the server shows up in iTunes but when I click on it it immediately disappears. I have to restart avahi services for it to show up again then again it immediately disappears when I click on it. I guess we’re getting closer. I copied the above content for the daap.service file from a post elsewhere. I assume there is something incorrect in the above file, any clues?

Thanks…
    Dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

Which NIC does your server have? Maybe you have the same problem like me:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29530

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.