Playlists misbehaving?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have enabled Firefly on a ReadyNAS duo to be able to use itunes materials within XBMC on an Apple TV. My Mac itunes library was successfully moved to the NAS and works fine from itunes. I copied the xml library file from my Mac to the NAS and it displays all the playlists, both on XBMC and indeed as a server within itunes itself. So far so good.

However, the playlists served by Firefly don’t include every piece of music which is in the playlists on the Mac. Most are dramatically shortened, and some empty. There is no obvious reason to me why some tracks appear and some do not–frequently from the same album, so it’s not format (also, none have DRM). That’s problem no 1.

Problem 2 is that while itunes will see and play all the tracks in these shortened Firefly playlists, not all those tracks can be played in the Java Firefly client on my Mac. This is less important to me, but baffling,

Do any of you more experienced users have any idea why these things are happening?

Happy New Year!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just thought I’d add some more data. Last night I put the latest version of my itunes XML file onto the NAS and rescanned in the hope that things might be better. This time even fewer tracks appeared in the playlists. Comparing what Itunes sees in its own library with that on the Firefly server I got:

Itunes using its own library: 53 genres, 1476 artists, 1764 albums, 16128 tracks, 65.77 gb
    Itunes using the Firefly server: 54 genres, 1452 artists, 1766 albums, 28593 tracks, 65.65 gb
    Java Firefly client: 53 genres, 1079 artists, 1766 albums, 28626 tracks, 65.6 gb

I’m particularly intrigued at the disparity of the track numbers being served by Firefly, and there is no evidence of any duplicate tracks etc.

In my earlier post I noted that the Java client fails to play many tracks. It gives “unsupported audio encoding” as the error message, which appears plain wrong as the same tracks play OK in itunes and on XBMC…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.