No playlists?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I am running 2.4.2 on Gentoo Linux. I’ve got a big raid-5 array hosted on this machine which happens to also house my iTunes library. I’ve got FireFly up and running but I don’t see any of my “static” playlists.

For the record depending on where I point the mp3_dir to I get very strange behavior (including what looks like completely mis-interpreted playlists or files) but when I point it to the root my iTunes library that contains the “iTunes Library.xml” and “iTunes Music Library.xml” files all seems to be working quite except for the complete absence of static playlists.

Any idea why this would be?

Thanks,

Mike

stretch
    Participant

0.2.4 is an ancient version.
    0.2.4.2 is 0.2.4 with a security patch.
    iirc, 0.2.4 doesn’t support iTunes playlists.

update to svn-1586 or svn-1696

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried this route but ran into a problem with FFMPEG and avcodec.h missing. Somebody had created a GENTOO ebuild for both of these versions mt-daapd but both bomb on the missing header file. A bug was assigned but it still appears to be a problem. I think this was a problem for both the ebuild approach as well as the tar ball approach.

I’ll give it another shot.

On an unrelated note I also noticed the track listing appears to be complete in terms of numbers of tracks but when I try to search for a particular album I discovered its missing in the list. Really strange. You think this is an artifact of the older version?

Thanks,

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.