iTunes ratings, playlists etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    prx

Hey guys,

I just received my CH3SNAS Storage and installed firefly. Since I am fairly new to unix and especially to mt-daadp, most of the comments and readme’s I find, are rather confusing than helpful to me. I’ve successfully set up the Server and it’s streaming properly to iTunes.

However:
    – I’ve read that firefly picks up ratings if I transfer my Library.xml to the ff’s music folder. This is not working for me.
    – Is there some way to rate songs via iTunes while using firefly?
    – Is it somehow possible to sync an iPhone/iPod to fireflys Smart Playlists? If not: Is it possible to manage files on my Ipod manually?
    – Can I create normal playlists with ff music files?

Thanks in Advance!

edit:
    I am using this package: http://files.hesse-n.com/ch3snas/

fizze
    Participant

@prx wrote:

However:
    – I’ve read that firefly picks up ratings if I transfer my Library.xml to the ff’s music folder. This is not working for me.
    – Is there some way to rate songs via iTunes while using firefly?
    – Is it somehow possible to sync an iPhone/iPod to fireflys Smart Playlists? If not: Is it possible to manage files on my Ipod manually?
    – Can I create normal playlists with ff music files?

You need to enable the options in firefly’s config, in the advanced tab. enable playlist scanning and scan itunes.xml 😉
    You can’t rate directly through firefly.
    You cannot sync an ipod thru firefly. Its possible with some dirty hacks like using the ipod as mass storage and using some tools to copy the files, though, if you’re desperate.
    You can create smart playlists in firefly thru the web interface, and you can create static playlists in firefly through fireflyclient for instance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.