How-to setup Firefly on a Synology disk station (powerpc)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues How-to setup Firefly on a Synology disk station (powerpc)

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks cstern for these instructions. I managed to run Firefly on Synology DS106j and even to play FLAC-Files on my Soundbridge M1001! Everything very fast and stable. BUT WHAT TO DO WITH PLAYLISTS? WHICH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED AND WHERE DO I HAVE TO STORE THEM THAT THEY ARE AVAILABLE ON SOUNDBRIDGE? WPL? M3U? WHAT ELSE?

Thanks, Christoph

cstern
    Participant

I don’t know about play lists, sorry. Someone else may be able to answer.

And now for something else:

Synology has released a new (beta) firmware, Disk Station Manager 2.0.
    I just installed it on my DS107e and it worked smoothly, preserving all settings incl the installation and configuration of FireFly.
    The new interface to control the Syno is really neat!
    I have not tested the built in iTunes server (used to be a very old mt-daapd). I will report back when I have checked it out.

But you should try it – niiiiice! (available for all Synos) (you have to sign up for the beta test – but it is free of charge, and is processed in minutes).

rpedde
    Participant

@huckele wrote:

BUT WHAT TO DO WITH PLAYLISTS? WHICH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED AND WHERE DO I HAVE TO STORE THEM THAT THEY ARE AVAILABLE ON SOUNDBRIDGE? WPL? M3U? WHAT ELSE?

M3U FORMAT ANYWHERE IN THE MUSIC DIRECTORY, BUT THEY MUST BE IN RELATIVE FORMAT, NOT ABSOLUTE.

🙂

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi cstern

I have managed the playlists now, thank you. Another question: Do you know, if replay gaining FLAC or MP3-files is possible at all with this configuration

Synology DS106j
    Soundbridge M1001
    SVN-1586

I am afraid not, since replay gaining seems to be a pending issue…

Thank you! huckele

cstern
    Participant

I don’t know about such things. Ron may be able to answer.

rpedde
    Participant

@huckele wrote:

Hi cstern

I have managed the playlists now, thank you. Another question: Do you know, if replay gaining FLAC or MP3-files is possible at all with this configuration

Synology DS106j
    Soundbridge M1001
    SVN-1586

I am afraid not, since replay gaining seems to be a pending issue…

Thank you! huckele

Nope, don’t have replaygain support at this point — it would have to be done on the client side.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@huckele wrote:

Another question: Do you know, if replay gaining FLAC files is possible at all.

Thank you! huckele

Nope, don’t have replaygain support at this point — it would have to be done on the client side. — Ron

I’m not giving up, Ron. How about that idea, editing opt/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh on my diskstation as following (found that in Roku forum). Will that work? My config:
    Synology DS106j
    Soundbridge M1001
    SVN-1586 installed with cstern’s manual in this setup issues forum
    ***Updated today to svn-1696, does not work 😥

}

flac_file() {
    $FLAC –apply-replaygain-which-is-not-lossless –silent –decode –stdout “$FILE” | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN
    }

Thanks
    huckele

rpedde
    Participant

@huckele wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@huckele wrote:

Another question: Do you know, if replay gaining FLAC files is possible at all.

Thank you! huckele

Nope, don’t have replaygain support at this point — it would have to be done on the client side. — Ron

I’m not giving up, Ron. How about that idea, editing opt/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh on my diskstation as following (found that in Roku forum). Will that work? My config:
    Synology DS106j
    Soundbridge M1001
    SVN-1586 installed with cstern’s manual in this setup issues forum
    ***Updated today to svn-1696, does not work 😥

}

flac_file() {
    $FLAC –apply-replaygain-which-is-not-lossless –silent –decode –stdout “$FILE” | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN
    }

Thanks
    huckele

that should work, should you have a flac that will support that. If you can compile a complaint version from scratch on the diskstation, that might be the best bet.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

After spending some days all around the net, I am afraid I really need some help.
    I have got a DS207+ since a few weeks and I have installed the latest firefly 1696 version for my arm architecture, and everything looks correct (I followed all steps carefully), the web server is accessible, the mp3 scan is OK but in the end, I still have the “incompatible server found” problem on the soundbridge.
    I read here and there that it means that the soundbridge does not see the good protocol (rsp if I am not wrong) and sees the itunes one instead. Actually, the itunes client running on my mac does see the firefly server.
    Well I suppose I missed something in the firefly installation. I read that some plugin are required for firefly to work with soundbridge but I have no clue where I could find them ?
    For now I have just made “ipkg install mt-daapd_svn-1696-1_armeb.ipk”
    followed by the .conf edition for the mp3 lib and that is it.
    Also tried the 1586 version to be sure, but no luck.
    I am kind of desperate here as some people with exactly the same hardware have successful installation of firefly, I really dont understand.

Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe firefly isn’t running?

Let’s have a test: if you start iTunes on the PC firefly should appear in the “shared” area on the left side of the iTunes window (in German: “GEMEINSAM GENUTZT”), just below “MEDIATHEK”.

If there is no entry it’s an indication firefly isn’t up and running…

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.