flac files@Mac OS X

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, I’ve been away for ages. Are you still interested? I will check back in a week or so.

Breepee
    Participant

Yep, still interested 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here you go. There are four files. A few of the earlier posts in this thread will tell you where to place them, what errors you may encounter, and how to fix them. Please let me know when you get it, and if it works for you.

http://www.filedropper.com/fireflyppcfiles

Hakan

I have been running mt-daap on my NSLU2 for 2 years happily transcoding flac files.
    This week the NSLU2 died so i been trying to get firefly to transcode flac files on my IMac.

I have followed the instructions in this thread but my M1001 are unable to connect to firefly server.
    The message i get on my roku is “no supported mediaserver found, only unrecognized DAAP server”

IMac running Mac OS X leopard (10.5.5)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does your Firefly server show up as a shared library in iTunes on Win/Mac?

Anonymous
    Inactive

New related question:

Has anyone built a universal (PPC+Intel) version of Firefly that is capable of transcoding from FLAC? I don’t have any space on my Intel machine to install the development tools. I was hoping I could create universal binaries on the PPC machine instead.

Thhx

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Labchip,

been trying to get the flac enabled binary to work on my Mac PPC (more for interest/test than anything else as I generally stream through a slug that handles flac files happily) and all’s good up to the point of locating the mt-daapd binary in /src/. The version I find there is only 288kb (292,792 bytes) whereas I see your version was 528,980. If I swap in that new mt-daapd binary for the existing firefly binary, no great surprise then that firefly fails to start. I’ve tried compiling on both 1586 & 1696 with the same result and in both cases the mt-daapd filesize is the same.

Being a linux/*nix idiot, I’m pretty much admitting defeat but wondered if you could upload the binary & the 3 plugins again so I can try to get this cracked?

cheers, Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here you go Andyg. I have re-uploaded them here. Let me know if they work for you.

http://www.filedropper.com/fireflyppcfiles

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheers for them, got ’em now.

On startup, firefly fails to load straight away – the Apple log shows:

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libFLAC.7.dylib
    Referenced from: /Users/andyg/Library/PreferencePanes/Firefly.prefPane/Contents/Resources/Firefly Helper.app/Contents/Resources/Server/firefly
    Reason: image not found

I saw your comment regards editing the path to the flac binary and have tried doing that to no effect. As I say, not being proficient with linux it was a bit of a stab in the dark… A quick look in spotlight shows I have libFLAC.8.2.0.dylib living in /opt/local/lib but no libFLAC.7.dylib

Can you show the exact code you used on that mt-daapd-ssc.sh script, as I probably messed up in the editing & that may see me right…

cheers, andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

As far as I can remember, the path to the FLAC binary is the only part of the mt-daapd-ssc.sh script that I changed

# You may need to fix these paths:
    #

WAVSTREAMER=./wavstreamer
    ALAC=./alac
    OGGDEC=oggdec
    FLAC=/opt/local/bin/flac

The error you have seems more like a problem with MacPorts than with Firefly. I have seen similar errors all over the place after I updated MacPorts (in order to install mp3fs for mac). Unfortunately I haven’t succeeded in properly updating all the parts, so I have not been able to install mp3fs (which is great btw and works like a charm on Ubuntu).

Back to your problem, I suggest you use Firefly 1586. And make sure the version of FLAC in /opt/local/bin/flac is 1.1.2 (and not 1.2.1 – it doesn’t seem to like that). Perhaps that will automatically bring libFLAC.7.dylib into your /opt/local/lib directory. If not, I can send it to you .

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.