Firefly, Synology -0803 firmware and case-sensitive names

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Firefly, Synology -0803 firmware and case-sensitive names

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Verulam

I’ve just installed the latest beta firmware (-0803) onto my Synology box (which, as I understand it, is running firefly) and it has crippled my use of it.

Basically, Synology say (http://www.synology.com/enu/support/beta/Synology_all_DSM0803_2009.php) that the firmware has the following feature:
    “Case-Sensitive File System: Case-sensitive file system is automatically supported after firmware upgrade to provide better Linux and Mac compatibility.”

and what I’m now finding with my Pinnacle SoundBridge M400PX is that I can’t search on it for artists, albums or songs since it requires me to enter their names with correct capitaisation. So, for example, if I want to search for the band Aim then I have to enter it onto the SoundBridge as AiM since that’s the band’s real name as given in the relevant directory name / ID3 tag. Personally, I can’t remember exactly how bands have capitalised their names, and I suspect that most other people will be the same.

Forgive my ignorant of the DAAP protocol, but is this a client- or server-side issue? So is Firefly running the query and returning results, or is it something else manifesting itself on the client side? And if it is server-side, is there anything that can be done to Firefly to stop it being case-sensitive?

MTIA.

Jim

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.