Crossfire (webbased/iPhone/iPodtouch) streaming client

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software Crossfire (webbased/iPhone/iPodtouch) streaming client

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This looks to be just what I’m looking for.

I’m completely lost regarding the installation to the webroot, though. Could someone explain, in simple terms, where (and how, if the terminal needs to be used) to put the crossfire folder?

I’m using OSX 10.4 and already have the Firefly Media Server running, which I use to stream music from a NAS disk to my powerbook.

Thanks.

Edit:

I think I know where the webroot is now: /Users/myusername/Library/PreferencePanes/Firefly.prefPane/Contents/Resources/Firefly Helper.app/Contents/Resources/Server/admin-root – Is that right? Do I just drop the “crossfire-0.4.5” directory into the admin-root folder?

I’ve already tried that, but nothing happens when I try to load the page http:///crossfire/ Do I need to configure write access to the installation directory before it will work?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit:

I think I get it now – I don’t have the webserver / php installed and this whole thing isn’t as straight forward as I first thought. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hiya,

Crossfire is an webbased firefly client, and thus requires a webserver to be installed on your machine ;). OSX does come with apache installed, check http://www.oreilly.com/pub/ct/49 for more information..
    After you have learned how to host websites on your server, things should be pretty straightforward.. install PHP, and copy the scripts to the right webfolder.. To connect to your NAS by default, just edit the config.xml file and put in the right hostname.

cheers,
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks edgecrush3r, I’ll have a crack at this tomorrow. I’ll get there eventually.

wizzofoz
    Participant

I’m using a Windows2003 server with IIS, PHP 5.2.5 installed (CGI).
    I’ve created a virtual folder from the root of my webserver (e.g. http://servername/crossfire), gave this rights to write from IIS Manager (not at filesystem level).
    When I try to access crossfire now using http://servername/crossfire/index.html I get the following error:

“There was a problem with the request”

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong in my configuration? FireFly is running on the same server by the way and works fine with my ROKU.

regards,
    Bart Vels
    The Netherlands

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got this up and running now, but I’m having problems with the streaming.

I’m not able to play a song all the way through on the ipod. The songs start streaming, but the stream never loads in full – the progress bar reaches about 95% and stops. The songs never get that far anyway, they restart at the beginning of the track, part way through, long before it catches up with the end of the stream.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

BTW, the firefly server is not hosted on my NAS disk, it’s on my computer. If I connect to crossfire using this computer the streams work ok, the problem only occurs on the ipod.

wizzofoz
    Participant

Well, I’ve finaly got it running. The problem for me was caused by the configuration of IIS on my Win2k3Srv. By default IIS on Win2k3Srv has disabled all extentions, after installing PHP this extention has been enabled automaticly but there is another that should be enabled: “All unknown CGI extentions”. After enabling this and configuring the config.xml of Crossfire to the correct port of my Firefly server things work fine, browsing, searching and playimg mp3 files.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChesneyChrist wrote:

I’ve got this up and running now, but I’m having problems with the streaming.

I’m not able to play a song all the way through on the ipod. The songs start streaming, but the stream never loads in full – the progress bar reaches about 95% and stops. The songs never get that far anyway, they restart at the beginning of the track, part way through, long before it catches up with the end of the stream.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

BTW, the firefly server is not hosted on my NAS disk, it’s on my computer. If I connect to crossfire using this computer the streams work ok, the problem only occurs on the ipod.

Hi Chris,

Can you send me please send me some configuration details of your setup? Things I am very keen to know are the versions of Apache or IIS/PHP and iPod.

Cheers,
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m running Firefly on a Powerbook – OS 10.4.11. Firefly version is svn-1586. iPod is Version 1.1.4. As for Apache/PHP, I stumbled upon MAMP (mamp.info/en/index.php) which seemed the easiest way for me to get things started. It’s running Apache 2.0.59 and PHP 4.4.7 & 5.2.5. I’ve tried switching between 4.4.7 & 5.2.5, but the problem occurs in both versions.

When streaming to the iPod I get this continuous message in the console:

Session 0: Streaming file ’08 Birds.mp3′ to 127.0.0.1 (offset 0)
    Write error: Broken pipe

This message appears in the PHP log:

PHP Warning: fseek() [function.fseek]: stream does not support seeking in /Users/myusename/Documents/Webserver/crossfire/binairyproxy.php on line 137

When I listen to a stream on the Powerbook the Broken pipe error occurs, but only happens once, not continually as on the iPod. The “stream does not support seeking” PHP error does not occur at all when streaming on the Powerbook.

I hope some of this helps.

Cheers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChesneyChrist wrote:

I’m running Firefly on a Powerbook – OS 10.4.11. Firefly version is svn-1586. iPod is Version 1.1.4. As for Apache/PHP, I stumbled upon MAMP (mamp.info/en/index.php) which seemed the easiest way for me to get things started. It’s running Apache 2.0.59 and PHP 4.4.7 & 5.2.5. I’ve tried switching between 4.4.7 & 5.2.5, but the problem occurs in both versions.

When streaming to the iPod I get this continuous message in the console:

Session 0: Streaming file ’08 Birds.mp3′ to 127.0.0.1 (offset 0)
    Write error: Broken pipe

This message appears in the PHP log:

PHP Warning: fseek() [function.fseek]: stream does not support seeking in /Users/myusename/Documents/Webserver/crossfire/binairyproxy.php on line 137

When I listen to a stream on the Powerbook the Broken pipe error occurs, but only happens once, not continually as on the iPod. The “stream does not support seeking” PHP error does not occur at all when streaming on the Powerbook.

I hope some of this helps.

Cheers.

I filed a #bugreport for your error and tried to solve the problem, however i can not reproduce the error using XAMP on linux :*(. Will try downloading MAMP and see if it does behave different.
    Q1) Is your problem solved with version 0.5.0 ?
    Q2) Could you check if Apache has the filetypes for mov=>video/quicktime and mp3 audio/mpeg.

Cheers,
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll give version 0.5.0 a go when I get back from work tonight.

Thanks.

Edit: I’ve downloaded the latest version and the same problem is happening.

There’s seems to be something weird going on with crossfire, though. When I click the question mark in crossfire, the version number comes up as 0.01. Also, what I’m looking at doesn’t match the screenshots on the sourceforge page – should it?

Here’s a screenshot: http://i30.tinypic.com/21kfp93.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.