configure says no avcodec.h when it DOES exist

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues configure says no avcodec.h when it DOES exist

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rsl360
    Participant

I’m trying to build the 1696 nightly for Fedora-10. I want transcoding. When I run config, I get the following error: “configure: error: avcodec.h not found… Must have ffmpeg installed.” However, I _do_ have ffmpeg installed and avcodec.h exists.

[root@localhost usr]# locate avcodec.h
    /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h

This is the error:
    ….
    checking for FLAC__metadata_chain_read in -lFLAC… yes
    checking avcodec.h usability… no
    checking avcodec.h presence… no
    checking for avcodec.h… no
    configure: error: avcodec.h not found… Must have ffmpeg installed

Here is the actual line for the build:

[root@localhost mt-daapd-svn-1696]# ./configure –enable-sqlite3 –enable-oggvorbis –enable-flac –with-ffmpeg-includes=/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec/ –enable-ffmpeg

I’ve also tried some other variations on the includes, none of them seem to work. It always dies in the same place.

Thoughts?

Robbie

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t have an answer for you but I can say that I’ve seen the exact same thing on Gentoo when trying to install an ebuild somebody created for 1696.

There is a bug assigned to the ebuild here: http://bugs.gentoo.org/231460

If I am reading it correctly, the last comment seems to suggest that there is an issue with FFMPEG.

I am working with the generic linux tar ball now trying to get the startup scripts correct.

Mike

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.