A new best friend…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, i’m new to this media streaming stuff. I got an Pinnacle SoundBridge Homemusic for Christmas and i must say that i’m very amazed about how easy it was to install and configure. With the install cd i also got the option to install Firefly which i did, but i had no intetion of using it.
    After testing to share my media using WMP11 i was a bit dissapointed because it was quite slow and did not show all my music.
    The drive i have is a Lacie Network Space 1TB which is a quite cheap but also quite good drive and i found out that this also had a media streamer built in. So i tried this out as well, MY GOD it was even slower then WMP11.
    It contains a modified version of Twonky Media Server which they really could skip, becuase it sucks both in speed and connectivity and just like WMP11 it does not show all my media either.
    So now i had one more Media Software to try out…Firefly.
    After configuring it to the correct drive for my music it did not find anything, but this was just because i had forgot to change the security settings in the drive. After this was done Firefly started to scan my drive and found all my 36644 songs.
    Time to try connecting to Firefly from my new “music thermos”, WOW this was fast. So fast i can’t see how many songs it finds before it presents them.
    After that, off course, becuase i’m new to this, it took some time to configure everything correctly.
    But last night when i found out that the Playlist creation is working perfect which it did not on my first version.
    πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

So now i have a new best friend and it’s name is FIREFLY.
    Thank you all who are working with this great software.

EVILRipper
    Participant

Welcome to the club. πŸ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.